Deliciously rich and moist, this is so easy and quick to make. If you can, use a good quality Dutch cocoa for a richer chocolate flavour.
- 125g Westgold butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup hot water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup EasiYo unsweetened Natural Yogurt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Dash vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 23cm (9 inch) cake tin. If using a spring form tin, ensure it has a tight seal as the mixture is very runny.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric beater until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Whisk together water, oil, yogurt, cocoa and vanilla. Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Combine the three mixtures and beat on a medium speed for a minute or until smooth.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out cleanly.
- Turn out on a cake rack and cool completely before pouring over the glaze.
Rich Chocolate glaze
Heat ¾ cup cream to near boiling point, then pour it over 150g dark chocolate and ½ teaspoons butter. Whisk gently until smooth, dark and glossy.
Serve with a generous dollop of EasiYo Unsweetened Natural yogurt on the side and some fresh berries if they are in season.