- 200g butter
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest (about one lemon)
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup EasiYo Greek Style Unsweetened
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (approx. 2-3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20cm bundt cake tin
- In a bowl cream butter, lemon zest and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and continue to beat the mixture.
- Stir in the yogurt, then sift in both kinds of flour.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling in the tin, combine the lemon juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved and the syrup boils.
- Turn out on a wire rack and pour the hot syrup evenly over the cake.
Serve with a generous dollop of EasiYo Unsweetened Greek Style Yogurt on the side and some lemon zest swirls.
Where to buy in-store Buy online